Sunday, January 23, 2011

Pizol (2844m) ski tour - 23. 01. 2011

Finally managed to connect with Tobias for a tour - amazing weather, fantastic snow, great company. We took the chair up to Pizolhütte and headed west toward the Wildsee. A quick descent to Wildsee, a pause for lunch, and up the north-facing Pizolgletscher to the Pizol col. An exposed scramble up to the summit was made a tad less adventurous by a cable for self-belay. The descent was great, despite the crowds we found untracked lines all the way down to civilization... perfect light fluffy powder. Yum. a map

I also just realized that every ski outing I've been on this winter has been in perfect weather... something I'm definitely not used to but I'm quickly acquiring a taste for it. Thanks everyone for a great day out! Again no action shots, I still don't have a good way of skiing with my camera...

heading out in the frigid morning
the col before wildsee
slopes above wildsee - I'm really into these shots straight at the sun... 
found a poralizer that fits my lens on an old camera of molly's...
looking back down the pizolgletscher
this is a peak for everyone - shelter from the wind above the col
you never have to wonder where the summit is in these parts... 

some delicious exposure
group summit shot - somehow the only cloudy five minutes were right when we reached the summit
traverse back down to the col
mountain goats
this was a collage experiment - view from the Pizol col